Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Affordable 12ga buckshot loads

I mentioned that I've never reloaded shotgun shells. That is about to change. I'm going to buy a Lee Load All II in 12 ga for about $45 at Widener's. Also a Lyman Shotshell Reloading Handbook 5th ed for $16.50. I already have an order for a Lee 18 cavity 00 buckshot mold from Ebay $47.95 + 7.35 shipping. It will cast enough 00 buckshot in one pour for 2 shells. Buckshot loads are expensive if you buy them!

I already had some lead and some linotype. For emergency use I have a CI pot to melt the lead in and a long handled steel ladle, but for now I think I'll get a Lee electric pot for about $50.

Then, being set up for using lead, it might be a good idea to buy a mold to be able to cast 7.61x39 bullets also. Just wish I had a little more reloadable brass for it. Most of what I have is steel cased or Berdan primed brass.

No comments:

Post a Comment